It’s been quite fascinating to witness strangers from different countries live a fulfilling life with minimal means. Consequently, I found myself doing a lot of research on the topic of living a fulfilling life, from reading some great books on it, to watching documentaries, to just applying different strategies in my own life. I’ve gotten pretty knee-deep into this amusing subject. I’ve actually gotten so involved that, looking back, I ended up obsessing about it. I had this perception that I needed to follow all these secret formulas that each book, documentary, or strategy outlined for me. But after a lot of trial and error I came into the realization that there is no such thing as a secret formula for living a fulfilled life. In fact, the steps that we can take daily are so minimal and simple that are oftentimes overlooked by most.
I’ve outlined my thoughts on this topic into 6 tips to living a fulfilling life, which will allow me to explain this a bit more.
1) Expand your mind. There is nothing more powerful than stretching our minds with new experiences. Once we live these new learnings, the way we think is never the same again. Our greatest happiness comes from learning, growing, and experiencing new things. You can take your mind on an unpredictable journey by doing simple things such as reading, meeting new people, going out of your comfort zone to experience a new adventure, etc. (Or watching Sheryl Sandberg give some amazing advice)
2) Go for it. Don’t think twice about it, if you have a goal, an idea, a thought in mind; go for it. Live your life fearlessly by allowing yourself to go after those dreams that you’ve always wanted to chase, but never had the guts to do it. Whatever gets you up in the morning and lights your soul on fire, make sure you chase that. We have a lot life left to us that needs to be lived with purpose.
3) Share your gifts. When you decide to go for it, not IF but WHEN – make sure you share that gift, goal, or purpose with the world. This is something that I usually hold myself back from for fear of standing out and creating confrontation or envy. I’ve came to realize that by dimming my own light I’m showing myself and others that it’s okay to hold back. But no, it’s definitely not okay. We were brought into life for a reason, and the reason is to share our gifts with the world so we can make an impact. With that I’ll say this to you, which is what I have to constantly tell myself when I’m lacking confidence: OPEN UP in a vulnerable way and share with the world your beautiful authenticity.
Quick side note – Make sure that you download your FREE Living a Fulfilled Life Workbook! It will help you follow along with what you’re learning on this post as well as map out your thoughts. If you’re already subscribed to She Became Fearless, the workbook is located in the She Became Fearless Library of FREE resources. If you’re not subscribed, sign up below and you’ll receive immediate access!
4) Live a life of gratitude. I wanted to share with you a quote from my favorite author Eckhart Toller:
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”
What Eckart is saying here is that if we’re not grateful for what we have, it will be very tough to have abundance. There are a million things that we can be grateful for daily, which we oftentimes overlook. One example is having the capability to see or walk, since not everyone has that blessing. What if we turned our negative thoughts into positive grateful ones? So next time you hear someone complain about how old their car is, ask them if it’s nice to have a pair of wheels that takes them places!
As you continue to read this post, make sure that you download your FREE Living a Fulfilled Life Workbook! It will help you follow along with this discussion and apply it to your personal life. This workbook, and many others resources, are located in the She Became Fearless Library of FREE resources. Sign up below for immediate access!
5) Find friends that inspire you. Make sure you surround yourself with people that allow you to be authentic but also challenge you. It’s easy to get caught in useless drama that inefficiently wastes our valuable time. If that’s the case, don’t hang with those people who are constantly negative. Stay away from those who love to complain, create drama, bring others down, or show jealousy towards you. It is quite easy to sense those things from people, and once spotted, be very careful. Make sure that your close circle is one that pushes up, not down.
6) Care for your body. Jim Rohn once said “take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” We really do only have this one body to live in so we must optimize and take good care of it. Make sure you feed it with nutrients that will give you energy, not those foods that will make you feel tired, lazy, or depressed. It’s so important to constantly detoxify our bodies too. One way to do it is by moving and sweating daily. Let me know if you want me to share more detox tips, I have some good ones for you! Allow your body to be flexible, strong, healthy, and to expand into its full potential.
I think you’ll also enjoy reading: 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Meditating (+ visual guide to help you get started)
If you found that this post brought some kind of value into your life, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or just shoot an email to a friend and let them know you enjoyed this specific post. Encourage them to join the #SheBecameFearless community.
One more thing! Remember… go out there and be Fearless! No matter what you set your mind to, YOU CAN DO IT! Did you download my free e-book yet? I know that you’ll love it!
Do you have any tips on how to live more fulfilled? Anything you do daily that helps you get in that mindset?